Believe it or not, there are reasons besides muuuuuusic to go on Jamcruise. One of my favorite reason – Theme nights!
I heard about the costumes my first year on JC and was like “okay…” and I kinda dressed up. But nothing could have prepared me for what people get into costume-wise on that boat. So this year, I came more prepared.
This year we had the following:
- No Theme on Night 1: So I wore my favorite Dragon Romper from CoquetryClothing.com, also seen during Hulaween. I *love* this romper. It’s super comfy, the fabric is light, and the quality is outstanding. I cannot recommend fun, funky, festi clothing from this company enough.
- Level-Up: Video Game Theme Night – I went as a Ninja from Mortal Kombat and while the costume was mad sexy, it wasn’t super special or awesome. Vince was Iron Man which was cute, but also kinda meh.
- Red Night: Any and all things the color RED! I went as a Chinese Dragon and Vince went as a giant bottle of Cock Sauce. The only photo of him in full costume has broken me for *days*. I cannot stop laughing. He liked the costume – even picked it out – but it was hot and the waiter was annoying so the look on his face is just priceless.
- Unofficial: May the Funk Be With You – All Star Wars. I had an awesome Darth Vadar corset and little black skirt and fishnets and combat boots…. and I got too fucked up to leave my balcony. When I did leave, I ended up wandering the pool deck at 6am waiting for sunrise in my pajama’s and a JC hoodie. So. There’s that.
- The Great Jamsby: Classic 1920’s attire. Yeah I had TWO outfits for this theme and didn’t make it into either of them. Same thing happened to me last year when I just couldn’t get into costume that last night. Oh well. Who wants to have a Gatsby themed party at my place?
Some of the costumes people have on the boat are huge and I honestly don’t even know how they make it on. Full on Chewbacca’s, giant frogs, and so much more. And people have so many of the same that are so different – like Alicia’s Sonic the Hedgehog on Level Up night.
The good news is that thanks to JC, I have at least 8 costumes that I can go change into at any given moment. The bad news is that they are very unlikely to recycle theme nights.
Anybody a size M/L and wanna trade for some gently-used, thoroughly-cleaned, maybe-even-unworn costumes? 🙂